Who We Are
As the only organization specifically dedicated to advancing Indian Country tourism across the United States, the American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association, Inc. (AIANTA) serves as the voice and resource for tribes and tribal organizations engaged in cultural tourism. At AIANTA, we help tribes develop, sustain and grow tourism destinations through technical assistance, training and educational resources.
To define, introduce, grow and sustain American Indian, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian tourism that honors traditions and values.
To collaboratively create a future that inspires social and economic progress in Indian Country.
On behalf of all 573 federally recognized tribes to support and promote cultural tourism in Indian Country, we work to provide a national voice and local resources for tribes and tribal organizations to build their capacity and achieve their tourism goals. We provide technical assistance, training and other resources for tribes to support tourism development while working to ensure tribal tourism is represented in planning and decision-making nation-wide.
What We DoWhat We Do
AIANTA’s Programs and Services Encourage and Support:
- Identification of tribal tourism assets and build-out of infrastructure within tribal communities through the growth of tribal/public/private partnerships;
- Creation of market/export ready experiences to meet growing traveler demand through the development of tribal tourism products and businesses;
- Expansion of markets for tribal tourism products through social and traditional media, NativeAmerica.Travel and through participation in domestic and international marketplaces to increase desire to visit Indian Country and the USA;
- Inclusion of authentic Native voices in tourism products, marketing and experiences;
- Collaboration between American Indian, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian tribes and federal agencies.
- Education and Technical Resources for Tourism Development
- Research and Data Analysis Tools for Destination Mapping
- Creating and Nurturing Regional and National Partnerships
- Training for Domestic & International Marketing
- Providing National Tribal Tourism Leadership