AIANTA is Seeking Qualified Freelance Writers
The American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association (AIANTA) is seeking submissions from qualified freelance writers for a new educational manual, the Cultural Heritage Tourism Handbook.
About the Manual
This groundbreaking publication will focus on the how-to’s behind creating a successful tribal tourism program.
With themes ranging from preservation to interpretation to tourism marketing, the guide will feature eight chapters, with each highlighting the challenges unique to tribal tourism communities.
Each chapter will begin with a one thousand word article showcasing a successful tribal tourism entity, including interviews with and original quotes from a representative of that entity.
Our Freelance Writers
We’re looking for a handful of experienced writers to produce these articles.
The themes, content and contacts for each chapter will be provided to the freelance writers by AIANTA. It will be up to the writers to complete the interviews, write the articles and secure rights to related images within the deadline noted below.
Preference will be given to writers who are of Native American, Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian descent.
Each article will be approximately 1,000 words (no less than 750 words, no more than 1,250 words) and will be made up of original content, including direct quotes from tribal tourism professionals.
AIANTA will pay $500 for each successfully completed article.
- January 15, 2021: All freelance pitches are due to AIANTA by 5 p.m. (MDT).
- January 20, 2021: All freelance assignments will be made by AIANTA.
- February 19, 2021: All freelance articles are due back to AIANTA.
How to Submit
If you’d like to contribute to our Cultural Heritage Tourism Guide, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
- Your name, tribal affiliation (if any), and links to your website and social media channels
- Links to 3-5 published articles. Articles about the business of travel and/or stories about tribal business operations are preferred
- A short (50 word) bio
- One or two sentences on why you’d like to contribute to the Cultural Heritage Tourism Handbook
Thanks for your submission. We will reach out with possible assignments by mid-January.