Third Annual Go International
Monday, January 28 – Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Mobile Workshop – Sunday, January 27 (optional)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Part of AIANTA’s International Marketing Program, the two-day Go International seminar is designed to prepare Tribes and Native-owned tourism enterprises to do business in the international marketplace.
Attending Go International helps you sharpen your skills in leveraging cultural tourism as an engine for economic development and cultural perpetuation within your community.
The two-day training is designed to help tribes, tribal communities, businesses and tourism professionals find success in the international marketplace, especially when participating in such major international trade shows such as Showcase USA-Italy, ITB Berlin, World Travel Market in London and IPW. Attending these trade shows can help attract visitors from Germany, Italy and the UK, all of which are among the highest-spending travelers in the world.
The two-day training provides an in-depth look at the tools needed to create a successful marketing outreach program targeting the top inbound international markets to Indian Country.
Training topics at the 2019 Go International include:
- An overview of the international marketplace with representatives from the National Travel and Tourism Office and U.S. Commercial Service offices in Europe
- How to Tradeshow: An overview of tradeshow formats and tactics
- Marketing and media techniques
- Developing your tourism product
- Working with local, state and national tourism partners
- Working with receptive tour operators
- Building better fam tours, with input from an experienced panel of international and tribal tourism representatives
- A hands-on workshop in pitching your message to the travel media, meeting with tour operators and creating an itinerary
View the complete Go International Agenda here.
AIANTA is offering a limited number of Go International Scholarships to qualified tribal planners. Visit our scholarship page to see if you are eligible to attend the conference for free.:
Go International Sponsors
AIANTA extends a warm thank you to all our valued sponsors and partners who help make Go International possible.
AIANTA’s International Program is made available in partnership with the U.S. Department of Commerce International Trade Administration, through the Market Development Cooperator Program.