AIANTA Hospitality and Tourism Scholarship
At AIANTA, we understand the value of starting from the source—tribes in tourism—to develop a sustainable hospitality industry and to foster growth. We work hard to provide educational resources, training and technical assistance to our members, partners and friends.
AIANTA is proud to offer the Hospitality and Tourism Scholarship, established to provide American Indian, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian students with financial assistance towards a degree or certificate in hospitality, tourism, recreation, culinary arts or related fields. Each year, AIANTA awards three individuals who have met all scholarship application criteria.
AIANTA would like to encourage Indigenous students to build their careers in the tourism industry while sustaining and strengthening their cultural legacy.
$1,000 per academic year (fall/spring semester only), $500 per semester
Deadline to Apply
July 27, 2019, for the Fall 2019 semester
December 7, 2019, for the Spring 2020 semester.
- Must be of American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian descent (student must show documentation).
- Must be a high school senior or a student accepted into an accredited higher institution at the time of application.
- Must submit a letter of acceptance from a college/university or technical/vocational institution.
- Must be enrolled as a part-time or full-time student.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 is recommended, although ALL current or future undergraduate and graduate college students are encouraged to apply. Scholarship recipients must maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Scholarships are available for undergraduate and graduate students only; online colleges are acceptable.
- Scholarships must be used for books and/or tuition.
- Applicants must fill out the scholarship application completely to be considered.
- Awardee agrees to authorize AIANTA to use his/her photograph and any information provided in advertising, promotion, fundraising and publicity efforts.
- Awardee agrees to return twelve (12) volunteer hours with AIANTA, a tribe, national park or public lands institution within the awarded year to be eligible for the following year. A letter of completion on company letterhead must be submitted by August 14, 2020 to the AIANTA office
Checks are made payable to the college/university and distributed/mailed to the financial aid/cashiers department of the institution the student attends.