AIANTA Tourism and Hospitality Scholarship
At AIANTA, education is the very heartbeat of our work.
That includes developing a sustainable hospitality industry by helping educate future tourism leaders. AIANTA strongly encourages Indigenous students to sustain and strengthen their cultural legacy, while also building their careers in the tourism industry.
AIANTA is proud to offer the Tourism & Hospitality Scholarship, which provides American Indian, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian students with financial assistance towards a degree or certificate in hospitality, tourism, recreation, culinary arts or related fields.
Each year, AIANTA awards three individuals who have met all scholarship application criteria.
Students are awarded $500 per semester (fall and spring semester only). Each student can earn a maximum award of $1,000 over two semesters.
Deadline to Apply
Friday, December 20, 2019 (funding will be applied during the Spring 2020 semester.)
- Must be of American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian descent (student must show documentation).
- Must be a high school senior or a student accepted into an accredited higher education institution at the time of application.
- Must submit a letter of acceptance from a college/university or technical/vocational institution.
- Must be enrolled as a part-time or full-time student.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 is recommended, although all current or future undergraduate and graduate college students are encouraged to apply. Scholarship recipients must maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Scholarships are available for undergraduate and graduate students only; online colleges are acceptable.
- Scholarships must be used for books and/or tuition.
- Applicants must fill out the scholarship application completely to be considered.
- Awardee agrees to authorize AIANTA to use his/her photograph and any information provided in advertising, promotion, fundraising and publicity efforts.
- Awardee agrees to return twelve (12) volunteer hours with AIANTA, a Tribe, national park or public lands institution within the awarded year to be eligible for the following year. A letter of completion on company letterhead must be submitted by August 14, 2020 to the AIANTA office
Checks are made payable to the college/university and distributed/mailed to the financial aid/cashiers department of the institution the student attends.
To apply for an AIANTA scholarship, download the Tourism and Hospitality Scholarship application
Please feel free to share this post on social media or download the official AIANTA Tourism and Hospitality Scholarship flyer and pass it along.
For more information, contact Sherrie Bowman at email@example.com or 505-209-2479.