Muscogee (Creek) Nation History Mobile Workshop
Monday, September 16, 2019
8:00 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
Immerse yourself in the culture, language, and history of the Muscogee people.
Visitors will be transported back in time to hear how the Muscogee people created Tulsa and built the 1867 Historic capitol of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation. Tour the newly restored 1878 Council House and view the thriving culture that is grounded in tradition but adopts modern day principles. Visitors will have multiple interactive opportunities including basket making, cultural demonstrations and touring present-day visitor attractions.
Depart Hard Rock Tulsa
Arrive Muscogee (Creek) Nation Council House and Redstick Gallery
- The story of Muscogee people following the removal from Alabama and Georgia with the formation of a new constitution and bicameral legislative system known as the House of Kings and House of Warriors. Shop the Redstick Gallery and have the opportunity to purchase Muscogee-made items
Depart Muscogee (Creek) Nation Council House and Redstick Gallery
Arrive Muscogee (Creek) Nation Government Complex
- Tour the modern day Muscogee government–and notable Mound building that houses the Tribe’s Legislative and Judicial branches of government– and the Veteran’s building. College of the Muscogee Nation and Claude Cox Omniplex
Depart Muscogee (Creek) Nation Government Complex
Arrive at River Spirit Casino Resort
- Lunch provided by River Spirit Casino Resort
- Tour of River Spirit Casino Resort
- Cultural demonstrations, interactive basket making and storytelling.
Depart River Spirit Casino Resort
- Drive Through Riverwalk and FlyingTee
Arrive at Creek Nation Council Oak Park
- Learn the origins and beginning of Tulsa with the settlement of Muscogee people.
- Miss & Junior Miss Muscogee (Creek) Nation read history
Depart Creek Nation Council Oak Park
Arrive Hard Rock Hotel Tulsa
More Mobile Workshop & Excursions
View all Mobile Workshops and Excursions offered during the 2019 AITC.
Photos courtesy of Muscogee (Creek) Nation.