Position Title: International Outreach Coordinator
Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000. (Salary will be Commensurate with Experience)
Supervisor: Program Director
Duty Location: 2401 12th Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104
The role of the International Outreach Coordinator for AIANTA is to provide support to help develop and sustain AIANTA’s international tourism marketing strategies and objectives. The International Outreach Coordinator will support AIANTA’s training and participation at international travel trade shows. This position requires travel.
International Outreach Coordinator Duties
- Collaborate with AIANTA’s Board and Staff in updating AIANTA’s International Outreach Plan.
- Collaborate with AIANTA’s Board and Staff to prepare and implement a data collection/evaluation plan for the International Outreach Program.
- Develop and conduct a survey for AIANTA members relating to the type of training opportunities they would like to have.
- Develop and conduct a survey for AIANTA members to determine which members already have viable tourism product.
- Assist with marketing and outreach to tribes, tribal businesses and tribal members to participate in AIANTA’s International Outreach program.
- Assist with marketing and outreach to participants in the international tourism marketplace.
- Submit information on international tourism opportunities, market research documents, helpful hints, etc., to marketing staff for inclusion in blog posts and marketing materials.
- Facilitate tourism trainings to include international tourism market readiness.
- Develop a formal, consistent schedule of tourism training programs to include webinars and formal training programs in each of AIANTA’s regions, and other programs as developed.
- Work with AIANTA regions to present local training opportunities.
- Develop and implement international tourism webinars.
- When required and beneficial, the International Outreach Coordinator will reach out to Federal trade promotion agencies to utilize their services and programs which will support AIANTA’s international outreach program. Especially the U.S. Commercial Service, the USCS Travel and Tourism Team, the U.S. Small Business Administration and other local, state, federal, and private sector partners as appropriate.
- Enhance and implement schedule and content for pre-show conference calls to present marketing opportunities and information as well as assisting in resolving questions or concerns of participants.
- Identify and engage training partners to provide training to participants in preparation for travel trade shows.
- Identify and provide outreach to potential tourism partners at trade show events.
- Marketing support for travel and trade shows and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in the areas of hospitality, tourism management, marketing, business management, journalism, modern languages (German and/or Italian – not required but preferred), media studies and/or cultural tourism development or 3 years’ of work experience can substitute for education requirement.
- A minimum of two years of experience and knowledge of international travel and trade.
- Demonstrated customer service background and skills.
- Knowledge and background in travel trade shows.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Products.
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate travel and tradeshow participation.
- Resourcefulness, ability to manage a budget.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and an eye for design.
- Basic understanding of tribal customs, traditions, values and beliefs.
- Strong work ethic and sense of initiative.
- Effective communicator and listener.
- Good organizational skills and ability to track multiple projects.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Must possess a valid passport or have the ability to obtain once hired.• The ability to drive and have a willingness to travel is essential.
Measures of Performance
Quantifiable measurements include but are not limited to: tribal contact outreach, number of tribal participation in training program and at travel and trade shows, number of successful international market-ready products developed.
Work is performed in an office environment and at travel and trade shows. There is an expectation that candidate will be able to perform office tasks and duties using computer
equipment. Work at tradeshows will be varied with expectations of a high level of professionalism under pressure. Position will require the ability to lift and transport equipment and materials in support of the tradeshow including bending and lifting materials ranging from 15-50 lbs. Hours will vary based on the demands of the position.
This position includes regular use of a PC, camera and other general office equipment. The position requires the ability to manage packaging and shipping equipment to and from tradeshows.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 pm on October 31, 2018. Please submit the following documents as application via email to Ariel Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter, including salary history and international market experience/expertise
- Three references