Professional Certificate Program in Cultural Heritage Tourism
January 11, 2021 – February 28, 2021
Application for Complimentary Placement
Thanks to Native American Tourism and Improving Visitor Experience (NATIVE) Act funding, AIANTA is thrilled to offer registration support for up to 40 participants in our six tribal regions.
- Tribal/Native tourism professionals, tribal/native leadership, tribal/native planners, tribal/native agritourism professionals
- Involved in Tribal tourism, including cultural heritage programming, Tribal hospitality, including hotels and casinos
- Responsible for economic and cultural development, including planning or Tribal heritage preservation for their community
- Have a native-owned enterprise
- Working in the Tribal tourism sector and specifically charged with interacting with native tourism stakeholders, including cultural centers, and/or Tribal tourism non-profits
- Working within the Tribal tourism sector and interested in learning more about cultural heritage tourism
- Registered as an enrolled member of a federal and/or state recognized tribe. Native Hawaiians may use their birth certificates as documentation of Hawaiian ethnicity.
- Tribal Affiliation – Applicants must provide proof of tribal enrollment (ID or CIB) or descendency by submitting their parent’s or grandparent’s proof of tribal enrollment along with a birth certificate that proves descendency
- Must be committed to completing the course in the time frame specified
- Must have earned the equivalent of a high school diploma
AIANTA Staff, Board Members and/or family members are not eligible for this award.
AIANTA will offer six participant opportunities per region, leaving four spots at large. Up to two members per Tribe, Native Nation and/or Native Hawaiians will be considered for participation in the program. Spots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, as qualified applications are received.
For more information, please visit Professional Certificate Program in Cultural Heritage Tourism.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY , NOVEMBER 30, 2020