Webinar: AIANTA USDA Webinar Series
AIANTA Partners with USDA Rural Development on new Webinar Series
The new webinar series is designed to build Native agritourism capacity for Native producers, communities and tribes and will run from June through August.
Agritourism is a vibrant industry, with revenue tripling nationwide from 2012-2017. Indian Country is in a unique position to blend cultural values, relationships with the land, and food production through building agritourism enterprises.
Whether you are new to farming and ranching or are an expert, USDA Rural Development and AIANTA have collaborated to identify resources to assist you and your operation. This effort is designed to help Native-owned start-ups and enterprises further develop and expand agriculture and agritourism opportunities in Tribal communities.
This series of three webinars will:
- Introduce you to resources to help with start-up ag operations
- Introduce you to partners and entities to explore funding programs
- Discuss value-added activities to help you retain more revenue from your agricultural enterprises
- Empower Tribal communities to develop ag-related tourism enterprises that thrive and stay connected to Mother Earth
- Share lessons learned from others in this field.
The webinars will be 90 minutes and offer moderated panel discussions coupled with smaller group sessions with federal partners and Tribal entities to explore specific topics and resources. Mark your calendar and register to attend these FREE educational webinars today!
AIANTA and USDA Rural Development are excited to offer these webinars throughout the summer of 2022.
Session 1 – Resources for Native Agriculture Production and Conservation
Session 2– Adding Value to Native Agriculture Products
Session 3 –Developing Tribal Tourism Enterprises Based on Native Values